Date: 06 March 2019
Time: 3.00PM GMT/10.00AM ET
Join The TRADE and Refinitiv to find out how new developments in machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies can provide buy-side trading desks with an opportunity to make better trading decisions.
An expert panel including speakers from Refinitiv, Ergo Consulting, and JP Morgan Asset Management will explain how these technologies can improve trader decision-making, optimising workflows and data availability, while addressing what the challenges of implementing smarter systems.
- What are the practical applications of machine learning/artificial intelligence for today’s trading desk to enhance decision-making and trader intelligence? Where does it make sense to increase this kind of automation?
- What are the challenges that come along with using increased levels of machine learning/AI in trading decisions? Is there a compliance “black hole” when it comes to AI-led decision-making?
- How can firms quantify the results they are getting from machine learning/AI systems designed to improve decision-making?
- Should buy-side firms look to take ownership of developing these technologies, bring in third-party expertise, or a blend of both? What the cost implications for these scenarios?
- Where can these technologies develop further in future for buy-side trading desks?
John Brazier, editor, The TRADE
Ian Mawdsley, head of buy-side trading, EMEA & APAC, Refinitiv
Michael Broadbent, principal consultant, Ergo
Ashwin Venkatraman, global head of equity trading automation and execution, JP Morgan Asset Management