A disagreement over market data and derivatives trading between SGX and India’s NSE has been resolved as plans to launch a trading link have been cemented.
The partnership between Singapore Exchange (SGX) and Cassini Systems will allow market participants free analyses of their average aggregated notional amount (AANA).
The partnership will see SGX and FTSE Russell develop an offering that will include single country, regional equity, ESG and real estate FTSE index derivatives.
After acquiring a 20% stake in BidFX last year, SGX has said it will acquire the remaining 80% stake as part of plans to boost its FX trading business.
Plans to launch 10 Singapore single stock futures at SGX follows move to reduce licensing agreement with MSCI earlier this month.
As HKEX plans launch of new MSCI futures and options, SGX confirmed it will reduce its MSCI licensing agreement from February 2021.
Chng Lay Chew will step down as CFO at SGX after nine years with the exchange, and will be replaced by Ng Yao Loong in October.
Surveillance of markets at SGX will be upgraded to include AI allowing the exchange to filter out noise and hone in on potential unusual trading activity.
Deal marks important step in the evolution of the index business at SGX, according to the exchange group’s chief Loh Boon Chye.
The partnership between HSBC, SGX and sovereign wealth fund Temasek marks the first end-to-end digitisation effort focusing on the Asian bond markets.